Sunday, April 7, 2013

Closing in on 100 Pounds Down!

Good gracious, it's been a while. Just over a month to be exact. To be honest, I got pretty frustrated for a while that I wasn't seeing any big changes, and the weight wasn't coming off as fast as I'd liked. Holy moly, has that changed! Over the past week, I came to the point where I absolutely, positively, couldn't put it off another day, had to buy new pants. Did I miss the memo that jeans cost 60 bucks a pair? Apparently so.

So I'm back to wearing pants that don't literally fall off of my body. I even bought a few new dresses that have been a life-saver now that it's Spring in Austin. Thank goodness for Torrid and Old Navy. New hair (bright blonde on the tips), new glasses (which I got for free from firmoo.com just for mentioning them here... they're great by the way!), I'm evolving into a totally new version of me. In fact, I'm going home for the first time since surgery this weekend, and I'm a little scared to see everyone's reactions. I know they'll all be supportive and excited for me, but it's definitely a big change.

I'm still fighting the daily battle with protein, and I have yet to find a multivitamin that I can tolerate (my next victim will be the One a day gummies). I'm so bad with a regime guys, but I HAVE to get it together.

In other news, I've been volunteering at a farmer's market in town. It's a great workout one day each weekend, and I'm meeting lots of new people. Plus, the free organic produce isn't a bad deal either. Just this weekend I froze spinach, kale, and bok choy, pickled radishes, and canned beets and fennel to make sure it all doesn't spoil while I'm out of town this weekend.

I'm turning 30, guys! I'll be honest: I'm a bit scared just because I seem to be in such a different place than most people my age. No kids, no marriage  no savings, and a job that is constantly changing. I think I may wish for a bit more consistency when I blow out the candles this year. A girl can only dream...

Current Weight: 270
Days since surgery: 54
Pounds lost: 94

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, blogger! Love your progress. I HATE buying new clothes, so I feel your pain (and yes, Old Navy is a lifesaver).
    I also have no kids, no marriage, and no savings ... and I'm about to turn 44. So I'd say you have a little more time than I do to get it together! LOL

    ReplyDelete